Based on an idea by Christian Seel, the free Quickstart Buttons package allows you to manage big buttons that show up on the MODX Manager Dashboard.
- Install the package
- Refresh the page so the top menu is updated.
- Find Quickstart Buttons in the menu under Extras / Components
- Edit the buttons set to add/edit items.
- Go to System > Dashboards to create a new dashboard. (Tip: right click to duplicate the default)
- Click Place Widget and choose the Quickstart Buttons widget to add to the dashboard. Save the dashboard.
- Go to System > Access Control Lists and on the User Groups & Users tab right click the user group you want to use the new dashboard.
- On the General tab, bottom right, choose the new dashboard you created.
- Go back to the manager dashboard to see your set!